Liebhaber Company is a full-service general contracting and construction management firm focused on luxury residential and hospitality new construction and renovation projects in New York City. We offer clients the services of a self-performing construction team and a state-of-the-art custom millwork shop.
Our architect, interior designer, and property owner clients set high standards and expectations for the services we perform, products we supply, and projects we deliver, all of which requires a great deal of collaboration and communication, as well as meticulous attention to detail and superior craftsmanship.
Above all else, Liebhaber Company values teamwork, dedication, honesty, and reliability. In return, we offer employees an opportunity to further their technical and managerial skills, take on new and varied responsibilities, and a place where they can build their careers.
Liebhaber Company is currently searching for the following position.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for accurately estimating the total costs associated with a project. The Estimator will review subcontractor bids to choose or recommend the most cost-effective option. A challenging position that requires fine attention to detail and strong communication skills. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, especially when facing bid deadlines.
- Perform drawing take-offs and estimate material quantities.
- Prepare estimates for lump sum and construction management contracts.
- Review blueprints and raise/resolve questions/issues/concerns regarding the projects, scopes, and identify special requirements during the bid process.
- Initiate and manage RFI’s and RFP’s related to bid process.
- Develop a complete understanding of all projects.
- Participate in bid walk-throughs and sales calls.
- Coordinate and compile sub-contractor bid packages.
- Estimate project costs and assemble final bid packages and proposals.
- Provide ongoing support to project management team. As required during the project’s lifespan, respond to questions, provide back-up information, select and negotiate with vendors for purchasing, assemble specs, and prepare material submittals for architect and interior designer review.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of experience in estimating and buying-out subcontractors and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation, management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in blueprint interpretation, spreadsheet, estimating, and project management software applications.
- Excellent technical knowledge of construction and various trades.
- Previous industry contacts, resources, and relationships are a plus.
- Purchasing experience beneficial.
- Ability and knowledge to level a bid.