Building Over the Years
At age 14, Andrew Liebhaber’s interest and passion for construction was already present. It was then that he was able to convince the local home center to open a trade account, so he could access building materials for projects around the neighborhood.
When it was time for college, Andrew put his home-grown construction business to the side and took on the challenges of pursuing a degree in business and accounting. Upon graduation, Andrew joined one of the country’s largest accounting firms and became a Certified Public Accountant. After several years as an accountant, Andrew’s passion for construction returned and he decided to put accounting behind him, so he could focus on his life’s real interest.
In 1993, Andrew founded Liebhaber Company with a specific focus on luxury residential and hospitality real estate in Manhattan, and a desire to provide the best construction experience possible to his clients. Over time, Andrew recognized the advantages of a self-performing construction team, so he expanded the staff to include master craftspeople across the trades. In 2015, Andrew purchased a pre-existing architectural millwork shop, American Woods & Veneers, and fully integrated its operations and service offerings into the company.
Now, in its third decade of business, Liebhaber Company has established itself as one of New York City’s most respected and talented luxury-focused general contracting, construction management, and architectural millwork firms. It gives Andrew and the team great pleasure to not only build some of the city’s most distinguished homes and places of business, but to also forge and maintain long-lasting and valued relationships with clients and other service providers.
Liebhaber Company has managed the construction of nearly a dozen of our restaurant projects, and we are very pleased with the way our relationship has developed. Liebhaber’s entire staff is a pleasure to work with and they are always able to accommodate our most critical design needs.Will Nazar, Chief Operating Officer, Major Food Group (The Grill, Carbone, Parm)
As Liebhaber Company works to deliver a better project experience for its design professional and property owner clients, each person on the team performs their role with these values in mind:
- Integrity: We act and communicate in an honest, reliable, and ethical manner.
- Trust: We build trust by being authentic, transparent, proactive, and dependable.
- Constant Improvement: We continually evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of our performance, work processes, and communications.
- Quality: We set high standards for the services we perform and will not rest until these standards are met.
- Innovation: We use state-of-the-art equipment and technology to improve our manufacturing capabilities, on-site performance, and project management.
- Teamwork: We enjoy collaborating with those on the project team and recognize the need for open communications, mutual accountability, setting clear goals, and creative problem solving.